If you are not already using VIS Software under license you can download a trial version that will be automatically activated for 21 days following the first installation of the VIS Software. When you click download, you’ll be asked to enter your name and email address and the country in which you reside. Once you complete these details, you will receive an email with a link to the software download.
A new interactive tool for displaying and editing reinforcement in wall piers and wall spandrels in version 13.x
The new interface in version 13.x allows you to interact in detail with all sections, assigning or editing reinforcing, copying selectively the reinforcement layout to the various elevations, and providing checks of results in real-time with the editing.
New Design Wizard for the automatic assignment of reinforcements to wall piers and spandrels. In Version 13 the new Wizard can be configured and run in a similar way to that of frame members.
- Renewed interface for wall management, including overwrites of critical heights and seismic typology of several walls at the same time.
- New “Wall” tab accessible, through the main interface, making navigation through walls uniform to that of frame members.
- New detailed wall section properties table added on the left side of the screen and accessible by selecting a wall. The information displayed pertains to the currently selected section. The section can be changed through the navigator from the “Wall” tab.
- New colour-coded maps for plotting the amount of reinforcement assigned to beams and columns It is available from the “View” menu.
Direct export to Excel format of tables of reinforcing from beam and column lines. New in Version 13 this is accessed from the “Results > Reinforcing Layout > Export Rebars Table” menu.
New options for PMM capacity design of columns. The new algorithm allows you to select the reinforcing distribution between upper and lower column selecting a ratio equivalent to that obtained by strength design (default option), a ratio based on the code method “alpha” or a ratio fixed by the user.
Added capability of specifying seismic secondary elements during import. At the same time, their design forces can be overwritten if necessary.
Added capability to view and customize reinforcements currently assigned to a given section, directly from the section definition window.
- New colour profiles that can be fully customized.
- New native 64bit interface.