Reinforced concrete design for SAP2000 ETABS and CSiBridge
The main program
VIS is a post processing plug-in program based on the Eurocodes which provides reinforced concrete design for SAP2000, ETABS and CSiBridge.
VIS is SAP2000, ETABS and CSiBridge plug-in for the design of concrete members in accordance with the latest versions of the European Codes. Both regular concrete provisions from Eurocode 2 and special seismic provisions from Eurocode 8 are enforced.
The design process includes two steps. First, preliminary reinforcing is automatically assigned by the program to all concrete members based on user-defined design rules. Next, the reinforcing is graphically refined by the user with the aid of various design and check tools.
The program offers:
Four families of concrete members: beams, columns, wall piers, wall spandrels.
Four design areas: strength, capacity, serviceability, detailing provisions.
Two calculation modes: design (minimum area of required reinforcement), check (demand capacity ratios).
- SAP2000, ETABS and CSiBridge interactive generation of load combinations based on Eurocode parameters and user preferences.
- Import from SAP2000, ETABS and CSiBridge models to include geometry, material properties, frame and shell element properties, internal forces, section cuts for wall definition.
- Friendly graphic environment showing entire model or single member sections.
- Powerful parametric and graphic tools for assignment and editing of reinforcement.
- Design Wizard for automatic generation of preliminary reinforcing.
- PMM and shear strength design.
- PMM strength interaction diagrams.
- Slender columns.
- Capacity design of longitudinal reinforcement for weak beam-strong column condition.
- Capacity design of transverse reinforcement for beam and columns.
- Capacity design of transverse reinforcement for beam-column joints.
- Dimensions and reinforcing of Critical Regions in seismic design.
- Non Seismic, Ductile, Large Lightly Reinforced Walls.
- Automatic vertical translation of moments for Ductile Walls.
- Automatic magnification of shear for Ductile Walls and Large Lightly Reinforced Walls.
- Automatic calculation of additional dynamic axial force for Large Lightly Reinforced Walls.
- Serviceability Stress Limitation checks.
- Serviceability Crack Control checks.
- Reinforcement limits and detailing checks.
- Graphic and tabular output for all calculation results.
- Sketches of reinforcing layout for each member.
- English Language (graphic interface, on line help, user manual, design manual).
Operating system: Microsoft Windows Vista (32 or 64 bit version), Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
All other hardware requirements similar to those of SAP2000, ETABS and CSiBridge.