Eurocode serviceability design and detailing provisions
Serviceability design calculations include:
- Stress limitation checks, for generic sections and arbitrary loading.
- Crack control checks, including decompression, crack formation and crack opening, for generic sections and arbitrary loading.
The detailing provisions, considered here, refer to limits of reinforcing and to concrete geometrical constraints. These provisions derive from both the concrete and the seismic sections of the code. Detailing provisions are supported only in “Check” mode.
Results are immediately reported on the “Detailing and limits of reinforcing” window. This window provides very detailed information on all provisions addressed and on reasons of failure, if any. The relevant code section is reported as well. A green, red, and yellow color code is used to mark checks that passed, failed, or are not applicable.
Provisions refer to the following general topics:
- Concrete section minimum dimensions.
- Limits of longitudinal reinforcing, both minimum and maximum.
- Limits of transverse reinforcing, both minimum and maximum.
- Limits of confinement reinforcing.
- Reinforcement ratios.